Union County Electric Cooperative in Elk Point, SD is accepting applications for a full-time Journeyman Lineman. UCE serves the residents of rural Union County. UCE exists to provide high value energy to our Members by focusing on delivering safe, reliable, environmentally friendly electricity while promoting energy efficiency through education.
At UCE you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
Skilled Journeyman Lineman should be able to perform diversified work in the construction and maintenance of poles, lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the distribution of electricity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the members electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the member.
- Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Capable of investigating consumer complaints, and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Must have an understanding of basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, i.e. bucket truck, digger derrick, mini excavator, skid loader, chainsaws and wood chipper.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
- Must possess a Journeyman Lineman Certificate or able to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Valid Class A CDL South Dakota Driver’s license
- Able to participate in an afterhours on-call rotation
- Must live within 15 minutes of Elk Point, SD
- Must have Rubber Gloving experience
- Must be able to apply CPR/First Aid
- Safe work record with a commitment to safety
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Paid Time Off, 401(k), Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
PO Box 459
Elk Point, SD 57025
Note: This page includes downloadable files that are in Adobe PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader (link is external) free of charge from Adobe's web site. This is a safe, fast and easy installation. This page also includes downloadable files that are in Microsoft Word format and require Microsoft Word to open. If you do not have Microsoft Word but need access to these forms, please contact our office.