Energy Star Rated heat pump (air to air, geothermal) $600 & Loan
- Must be a minimum of a 2 ton system and the HSPF must be 8.5 or greater (AHRI Certificate required)
- Electric Heating Systems are eligible for a reduced electrical rate on all energy used by the heating systems.
- Systems will be sub metered to determine usage.
Meter to be installed at homeowner's expense.
Cooperative furnishes meter, socket, and CT, if required, at no cost to member.
- Heat Pump Installations are eligible for reduced rate year round with air conditioning function controlled by load management system.
- Cooperative furnishes load control device at no cost to member.
Marathon Water Heater Incentives
|Replacing existing electric||$6.00 per gal. rebate|
|Replacing gas unit wiring allowance||$6.00 per gal. rebate + $50|
|New home construction||$6.00 per gal. rebate|
|In new, "all-electric" home||FREE - 85 gal. Marathon|
Marathon Water Heater Rebates
- 50 gallon - $300.00
- 85 gallon - $510.00
- 100 gallon - $600.00
*All Marathon water heaters must be connected to a load management system
*Cooperative provides load control device at no cost to member.
*All Marathon water heaters come with lifetime warranty against leaking to original owner (10 year transferable warranty to new owner).
*All components carry 6 year from date of manufacture warranty.
*Union County Electric carries three (3) sizes in stock - 50, 85, and 100 gallon models.
Members will receive a $1,000 rebate for the installation of a third-party remote managed irrigation system, provided that it meets the following requirements:
- New system eliminates the need for an East River load control receiver
- Able to ingest automated notice from East River of shed and restore signal via email, text or voice
- Provide less than 15-minute latency from East River notification to load shed/restore
- Device must be installed on an irrigation system served by Union County Electric Cooperative
For more information on potential third-party management systems, contact our cooperative.
Electric Heat Sub meters allow members to receive a credit for the kWh that is used by their electric heat.
The credit for electric heating is $0.026 per kWh.
Grain drying systems can receive a credit of $0.026 per kWh. Union County Electric will install and East River loan management receiver and ensure proper metering equipment is installed.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Ready Wiring Rebate:
- Union County Electric will provide a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) rebate to members to help cover the costs of wiring a circuit for a current or future Level 2 EV home charger.
- Rebate is available to new or existing structures.
- Circuit must be a minimum 40 amp to qualify.
- Circuit must be intended for use with a Level 2 Electric Vehicle charger.
- Union County Electric reserves the right to verify wiring installation.